Filmmaking Fundamentals: Post-Production (Summer 2022)
Filmmaking Fundamentals has a suggested registration fee of $400, however we do offer a sliding scale, pay-what-you-can model for those who need that option. We do offer a limited amount of scholarships for this program for communities which have historically been underrepresented in media. For more information, please email email@example.com or APPLY HERE.
⚠️ Public safety notice ⚠️
NWFF patrons will be required to double-mask while in the building. Disposable masks are available at the door for those who need them. To be admitted, patrons will also be required to present EITHER proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative result from a COVID-19 test administered within the last 48 hours by an official testing facility. Boosters are strongly recommended, though not required for entry.
NWFF is adapting to evolving recommendations to protect the public from COVID-19. Read more about their policies regarding cleaning, masks, and capacity limitations here.
This is a 8-week, entry-level workshop that will introduce students to the basics of post-production narrative workflows. Those with little to no experience are encouraged to join. This is will be a hands-on learning environment where you will be learning while you assemble your own short film.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Using footage that was filmed during Filmmaking Fundamentals: Narrative (Winter Quarter), participants will learn how to turn their footage into a film. Through hands-on workshops and demos participants will walk through the whole post-production process and edit a short film. Participants will learn how to log and ingest footage, editing techniques in Adobe Premiere Pro, motion graphic techniques in Adobe After Effects, post-production sound mixing, and post-production color correction.
- Participants will be given weekly access to our editing lab and will be able to work on their edits.
- Students will deliver their final projects and they will be screened in our theater.
- Week 01 – File Management and Project Setup
- Week 02 – Scene Assembly
- Week 03 – Open Lab Session
- Week 04 – After Effects Workflows and Sound Design
- Week 05 – Color Correction and Post-Production Sound Mixing
- Week 06 – Open Lab Session
- Week 07 – Open Lab Session
- Week 08 – Film Screening
All equipment, software and footage will be provided to students for this program, with the exception of storage. All participants will be required to bring their own external harddrive or storage device (1TB of space is recommended).