Editing with DaVinci Resolve
$80 for NWFF Members
* Limited seats are available at $20 off for students who can bring their own laptop to work on.
Learn how to edit using DaVinci Resolve! A high-quality, free editing software, DaVinci Resolve is a favorite among indie filmmakers for color correction but can also be used for editing films start to finish. DaVinci Resolve is an accessible and fully equipped, dynamic software, that can manage media libraries, editing, color, effects and audio. For those working with Black Magic cameras, or looking for an affordable editing platform, DaVinci is a great tool to know. This intro level workshop will equip you with the editing skills and techniques to start editing your projects at a professional level. Sample footage provided. Students will also have FREE access to Northwest Film Forum’s editing lab during regular hours throughout the week of the workshop.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- Interface navigation and customization
- Project settings and presets for smooth workflow and color management
- Media storage and import
- Generating and working with optimized and proxy media
- Editing workflows
- Rending, deliver interface, and final project output
This workshop will cover color correction tools, but not go into color correction in depth. We offer a multi-session Color Correction workshop regularly. Email email@example.com if you would like to be notified of our next offering.
Pronouns : he/him/his