Youth Summer Camps
Illustrations by Mana Watanabe; layout by Melanie Kuo.
Every summer, Northwest Film Forum offers camps for youth to get hands-on with the art and craft of film and media making and to develop their creativity and voice.
Summer Youth Filmmaking Camps and Programs will be offered in-person in 2023.
Summer camps begin July 10th and run through August. NWFF will offer in-person day camps. Our summer camps include Stop Motion Animation, Special Effects, as well as camps for queer youth.
Pre-registration for all summer camps is open!
Email questions about camps to River at nwfilmforum d0t 0rg.
Summer Camps 2023
Past Summer Camps
- Reel Queer Youth [Hybrid] Summer Camp (2022)
- Summer Camp – Making the Impossible: Special Effects (Ages 11-14)
- Summer Camp – Imagination Animation Session 1 (Ages 8-12)
- Summer Camp – Imagination Animation Session 2 (Ages 8-12)
- Summer Camp – Community Storytelling [In-Person] Project
- Summer Camp – Magical Character Creation (Ages 11-14)
- In-Person Summer Camp – Making the Impossible: Special Effects
- Virtual Summer Camp – Imagination Animation (Ages 8-12) June
- Virtual Summer Camp – Imagination Animation (Ages 11-14) July
- Virtual Summer Camp – Making the Impossible: Special Effects (Ages 8-12)
- In-Person Summer Camp – Imagine Design and Build Camp at SeaTac Community Center
- Virtual Summer Camp – Reel Queer Youth
Summer Camp FAQ
In case your plans change, here is our policy on camp refunds:
- 100% refund if we receive your cancellation notice 7 calendar days before the first day of camp.
- Camps must meet a minimum enrollment requirement to launch, and may be cancelled if the camp does not meet a minimum number of enrolled students. Students will be notified in advance if there is limited enrollment for a camp, and can receive a full refund, which may take up to 30 business days to process and transfer.