It’s no secret that Northwest Film Forum runs on the commitment and creativity of our loyal legion of volunteers!
There are roles for almost anyone who wants to help; in the projection booth, at the box office, or around town. Anyone can volunteer! All it takes is a can-do, proactive attitude, a commitment to a regular schedule, and a wish from the bottom of your heart for the Forum to do well.
Oh, and did we mention the free movies at the Forum AND at other theaters (Grand Illusion and SIFF cinemas!), endless popcorn, volunteer appreciation nights, and credit that volunteers earn toward equipment rentals and workshops?
Fill out your application here to let us know your schedule and little bit about yourself, then send it to volunteer (at) nwfilmforum.org.
Photo credit: Ashlyn Gehrett
Office volunteers have a working knowledge of NWFF’s current programs and workshops, and are comfortable answering phones, independently undertaking diverse projects around the office, and both taking and asking for direction from staff. Shifts are Mon–Fri, 10am–2pm and 2pm–6pm.
Box office and concessions volunteers are hugely important – they really are the face of the Forum! Their exceptionally friendly customer service, efficiency on the register, punctuality, and help with cleanup and light maintenance earns them a very special place in our hearts. They’re familiar with our calendar and our mission as an organization, and most of all, they LOVE movies. Shifts are weekend afternoons (generally 12pm–4pm) and Weds–Sun evenings (6pm–10pm).
Northwest Film Forum offers a flexible internship program. Interns work independently on specialized projects and (depending on the position) are normally required to commit at least 10 hours per week for at least 3 months. No experience is necessary, but you must send a résumé and cover email to be considered.
Apply to internships in…
- Film & Event programming: send applications to courtney (at) nwfilmforum.org
- Production and artist support: CHIMAERA (at) nwfilmforum.org
- Education: CHIMAERA (at) nwfilmforum.org
- Marketing: paul (at) nwfilmforum.org
- Summer Youth Education – read descriptions and application instructions here.
* Interns and volunteers receive free entry to film screenings at NWFF, free popcorn, $5 credit for every hour worked toward equipment rental and workshops, plus many networking opportunities! *
Read our volunteer & intern ticket policy here.