CFFS 2021 - Stop Motion Animation: Playing with Food
For ages 8-12
Takes place on Zoom
Have fun making overhead stop motion animations at home with food! Animators can use all kinds of food to make films. You can draw with grains or cereal, create fun patterns with beans and vegetables, or get creative with colorful foods or fun shaped pasta.
- Animate along with us in this workshop, or just watch, learn, and share ideas. The instructors will be animating live on screen to show techniques.
- Animators will need:
- A phone or tablet with the free app Stop Motion Studio
- A cardboard box (our favorite option! and we’ve got a DIY tutorial for you), OR a tripod or mounting arm to hold the camera over the animation.
- *You will not be able to zoom and animate on the same device at the same time, so we recommend a 2nd device for zooming.
- For food, we recommend getting creative, and using what you have – especially if it’s old or inedible! If you like to snack on your art, fruits and chopped veggies are colorful and delicious. If you’re into patterns or swooshy shapes, rice, lentils, or beans are a lot of fun.
- Parents are welcome to attend with a child, and sharing a zoom screen with a sibling is also welcome.