Filmmaking Fundamentals: Advanced Post-Production (Summer 2023)
Filmmaking Fundamentals has a suggested registration fee of $400, however we do offer a sliding scale, pay-what-you-can model for those who need that option. We do offer a limited amount of scholarships for this program for communities which have historically been underrepresented in media. For more information, please email email@example.com or APPLY HERE.
⚠️ Public safety notice ⚠️
NWFF patrons will be required to wear masks that cover both nose and mouth while in the building. Disposable masks are available at the door for those who need them. We are not currently checking vaccination cards. Recent variants of COVID-19 readily infect and spread between individuals regardless of vaccination status.
NWFF is adapting to evolving recommendations to protect the public from COVID-19. Read more about their policies regarding cleaning, masks, and capacity limitations here.
This is a 7-week workshop that will introduce students to post-production narrative workflows. Those with competent experience navigating video editing software are encouraged to join. This is will be a hands-on learning environment where you will be learning best practices, editing theory and workflows while you assemble your own short film.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Using footage that was filmed during Filmmaking Fundamentals: Narrative (Winter Quarter), participants will learn how to turn their footage into a film. Through hands-on workshops and demos participants will walk through the whole post-production process and edit a short film. Participants will learn how to log and ingest footage, editing techniques in Adobe Premiere Pro, motion graphic techniques in Adobe After Effects, post-production sound mixing, and post-production color correction.
- Participants will be given weekly access to our editing lab and will be able to work on their edits.
- Students will deliver their final projects and they will be screened in our theater.
- June 5 – Project Setup, Premiere Basics
- June 12 -Scene Assembly
- June 19 – Open Lab
- June 26 – Color Correction, Sound Mixing
- July 3 – Open Lab
- July 10 – Review, Effects
- July 17 – W.I.P. Screenings
All equipment, software and footage will be provided to students for this program, with the exception of storage. All participants will be required to bring their own external harddrive or storage device (1TB of space is recommended).
Tifa Tomb is a local editor and director. She taught Film history and English for 9 years in the California Community College system. She was a top ten finalist of the Cinequest Storyteller Film Festival, and in the top three screenwriters of the Hollywood Black Film Festival. Locally, her film, Partygoers, was admitted to the 2017 Local Sightings Film festival. She is a member of the 2017 Oculus LaunchPad for 360 filmmaking, and she directed Retch, a short film.
RG Pro – Intro to Producing for Film and Media (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Sounds Good: Intro to Sound and Audio Techniques (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Looks Good: Lighting Techniques and Mock Film Set (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Intro to Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Intro to Motion Graphics in Adobe After Effects (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Livestreaming and Virtual Productions (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]
RG Pro – Intro to Camera Operation and Technique (Winter 2023) [Virtual & In-Person]