3.00pm , 1.00pm
Summer Camp - Making the Impossible: Special Effects - (Ages 11-14) July 10-14, 2023
M-F, 10:00am-3:00pm, @ Northwest Film Forum
Age range: 11-14
– Sliding Scale $0-$500 – All our camps are fully sliding scale. Payment at higher levels helps make them accessible to all.
⚠️ Public safety notice ⚠️
NWFF patrons will be required to wear masks that cover both nose and mouth while in the building. Disposable masks are available at the door for those who need them. We are not currently checking vaccination cards. Recent variants of COVID-19 readily infect and spread between individuals regardless of vaccination status.
NWFF is adapting to evolving recommendations to protect the public from COVID-19. Read more about their policies regarding cleaning, masks, and capacity limitations here.
Push yourself to the next level of filmmaking in this special effects course. You’ll make a short film as a group, experimenting with green screens, CGI, miniatures, and old-school effects (think… Star Wars!). You may start to observe films differently after this exciting course, and add some evermore clever ones to your personal portfolio!
Camp Preparation & Safety
- All technologies and supplies are included in the camp cost and provided.
- Snacks will be provided, and campers will be asked to bring a sack lunch.
- We will practice physical distancing, masking, and health screening according to city and state guidelines at the time of the camp. We anticipate this will include masking and physical distancing in the camp space.
- While filmmaking is a highly collaborative art form, using shared equipment, this camp is designed to allow for more space and individual equipment for each camper. Each camper will get to work on designing and making their own creations, in a large collaborative space, just like a special effects shop for the big screen!