Summer Camp - Making the Impossible: Special Effects - (Ages 11-14) July 11-15, 2022
M-F, 10:00am-3:00pm, @ Northwest Film Forum
Age range: 11-14
– Sliding Scale $0-$425 – All our camps are fully sliding scale. Payment at higher levels helps make them accessible to all.
Push yourself to the next level of filmmaking in this special effects course. You’ll make a short film as a group, experimenting with green screens, CGI, miniatures, and old-school effects (think… Star Wars!). You may start to observe films differently after this exciting course, and add some evermore clever ones to your personal portfolio!
Camp Preparation & Safety
- All technologies and supplies are included in the camp cost and provided.
- Snacks will be provided, and campers will be asked to bring a sack lunch.
- We will practice physical distancing, masking, and health screening according to city and state guidelines at the time of the camp. We anticipate this will include masking and physical distancing in the camp space.
- While filmmaking is a highly collaborative art form, using shared equipment, this camp is designed to allow for more space and individual equipment for each camper. Each camper will get to work on designing and making their own creations, in a large collaborative space, just like a special effects shop for the big screen!