Virtual Summer Camp - Imagination Animation - (Ages 8-12) June 21-25, 2021
M-F, 9:30am-11:30am on Zoom + at home projects
Age range: 8-12
In this camp, you will learn how to tell stories with expressive characters and exciting action using animation. You’ll start by learning stop motion and hand-drawn animation techniques, and how to create characters that can show emotions. You’ll learn how to use a mobile device and free apps to create stop motion animations, how to plan a story, and how to add credits and music. You’ll also learn about many different styles of animation, and about animators from around the world through seeing short films from Children’s Film Festival Seattle. Make friends, make films, and discover your stories in this camp!
What technology and supplies are needed for youth to participate?
1. Camp session will take place over Zoom, and families will be sent guides on animation setup, necessary apps, and file sharing after registration.
2. Each camper will need mobile device, such as an iPhone or Android phone, or other tablet with a camera. We’ll go over how to use the apps, recording, and editing in the camp.
3. Campers will also need some craft supplies to create their animations and help making an animation stand. Supplies include scissors, paper, glue, markers, crayons or pencils, a cardboard box, and tape. Detailed instructions and guide videos will be sent after registration.
If you would like to register your child for the camp, but need help with or have questions about the technology and supplies that will be needed, please email email@example.com for help and options.
– This camp will meet on zoom, Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am. Zoom meetings will include games, explanations of skills and projects, time for campers to work on projects with support, and time to share and get to know each other and their teacher.
– Campers will work toward creating a short animated film by the end of the week, through daily animation projects, designed to be completed in 30-60 minutes each day.