Virtual Summer Camp - Making the Impossible: Special Effects - (Ages 8-12) July 5-9, 2021
M-F, 9:30am-11:30am, on Zoom + at home activities
Age range: 8-12
Filmmakers have always been trying to make impossible realities come to life. Whether it’s spaceships, strange creatures, other worlds, or impossible feats, where there’s a will, there’s a way! In this camp, you will explore the world of visual effects by learning how to create and record physical and digital effects from the big screen. Special effects artists are constantly inventing and trying new things. You’ll make short videos trying out different effects and trick shots to create movie magic.
What technology and supplies are needed to participate?
1. Camp session will take place over Zoom, and families will be sent guides on animation setup, necessary apps, and file sharing after registration.
2. Each camper will need mobile device, such as an iPhone or Android phone, or other tablet with a camera, or another type of digital camera and a PC or mac. We’ll go over how to use the apps, recording, and editing in the camp.
3. Campers may need some basic craft supplies to create their special effects, but we design projects to be done creatively with whatever campers have present. We do recommend scissors, paper, and a glue stick.
If you would like to register your child for the camp, but need help with or have questions about the technology and supplies that will be needed, please email email@example.com for help and options.
– This camp will meet on zoom, Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am. Zoom meetings will include games, explanations of skills and projects, time for campers to work on projects with support, and time to share and get to know each other and their teacher.
– Campers will create several short special effects projects over the week, designed to be completed in 30-60 minutes each day.