Local Sightings 2021 – City by the Sound + SOUFEND
In-person screenings at NWFF:
Sep. 21 at 7:30pm PT
Sep. 25 at 8pm PT
To accommodate evolving public health recommendations regarding COVID-19, we are adopting a hybrid virtual-and-in-person festival model for 2021. VIRTUAL, IN-PERSON, and HYBRID (virtual AND in-person) Festival Passes are available here.
⚠️ PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE:
NWFF patrons will be required to wear face coverings while in the building. To be admitted, patrons ages 12+ will also be required to present EITHER proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative result from a COVID-19 test administered within the last 48 hours by an official testing facility.
NWFF is adapting to evolving recommendations to protect the public from COVID-19. Read more about their policies regarding cleaning, masks, and capacity limitations here.
Blurring the filmmaker’s personal childhood experiences with mythic representations set around Seattle, City By the Sound explores the boundaries that make up documentary, fiction, and video essays, as seen through the sights of a hiker who can see through time and space. What unfolds is a non-linear series of vignettes ranging in complexity and duration, from a Sasquatch sighting and a ghost story, to an old woman telling a story about a tree; all are woven together to create a strange tapestry of personal and collective memories.
(Kolby Rowland, Seattle, WA, 2021, 70 min)
Screens w/ "SOUFEND"
(Ruby Lee, US, 2021, 17 min)
Centering the voices and experiences of the South End community in Seattle, SOUFEND is a series of intimate moments, thoughts, and memories shared between friends as they prepare to leave their community and go to college.
How to watch...
- Purchase your ticket through Northwest Film Forum’s Eventive virtual cinema. A free Eventive login is required to view Local Sightings 2021 film programs online.
- From the Eventive virtual catalog page, purchased tickets will appear under “My Content Library” under your user menu (upper-right). From the Eventive festival landing page, they will appear under “My Tickets” on the site’s menu bar (at top).
- Your confirmation email will also route you back to these pages to watch. (Can’t find it? Check spam!)
- If all else fails, please contact email@example.com
- Purchase your ticket through Brown Paper Tickets; come to the show!
- You can also purchase a ticket on the day of the screening at Northwest Film Forum’s box office (1515 12th Ave, Seattle).
- If you have purchased a Hybrid or In-Person-Only Festival Pass, we’ll be able to look you up at Will Call by the name you purchased under.
⚠️ Please note: For the sake of public safety, NWFF will require both face-coverings and proof of vaccination from audiences. We reserve the option to shift the festival to virtual-only on short notice.
Presented by Seattle’s Northwest Film Forum, the 24th Annual Local Sightings Film Festival is a virtual-and-in-person showcase of creative communities from throughout the Pacific Northwest. The 2021 program, which runs from September 16–26, features a competitive selection of curated short film programs and feature films, inviting regional artists to experiment, break, and remake popular conceptions around filmmaking and film exhibition.
Local Sightings champions emerging and established talent, supports the regional film industry, and promotes diverse media as a critical tool for public engagement.