NWFF’s Local Sightings Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Lineup of Films, Performances & Industry Events
22ND ANNUAL EDITION CELEBRATES PACIFIC NW FILM & MEDIAMAKERS FROM SEPTEMBER 20–29, 2019
Programmed closely with community partners as curators, Northwest Film Forum’s 22nd Annual Local Sightings Film Festival invites regional artists to experiment, break, and remake popular conceptions around filmmaking and film exhibition.
Over the course of 10 boundary-pushing days, the festival showcases the growing complexity of creative communities in the Pacific Northwest, by uplifting new talent, providing educational opportunities for youth and adults, supporting the regional film industry, and promoting diverse media as a critical tool for public engagement.
OPENING NIGHT: Friday, September 20, 2019 – 7:30pm
HOW IT FEELS FILM PREMIERE, DANCE & KARAOKE
CLOSING NIGHT: Sunday, September 29, 2019 – 6:30pm
LIVING HISTORY SHORTS PROGRAM @ LANGSTON
FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Saturday Morning Cereal, a family-friendly, cereal-filled screening, co-presented with Children’s Film Festival Seattle!
- Motion Reel + Frame by Frame, two programs of dance shorts featuring a curated selection of works from submissions, Cornish’s Screendance Program, NWFF’s <1 Min Dance Film Challenge, and Velocity’s Strictly Seattle Dance Film Track (Sep. 22)
- Where the House Was w/ Z-Sides, world premiere for the short film on gentrification, poetry, and cultural space, co-presented with Hugo House and writer and host Jekeva Phillips.
- Indigenous Showcase, two back-to-back film programs co-presented with Longhouse Media, continue to work by indigenous and Native filmmakers (Sep. 28)
- Local Sightings: After Dark, a series of late-night presentations for the wickedly inclined among us, include: horror shorts (Sep. 21), Amy Enser’s Magic–Mike-meets-Full–Monty doc The Long Haul (Sep. 27), and femme-centered alternative porn and performances brought to you by ScumTrust & Earth Pearl Collective (Sep. 28)
- Plus: 15 short film programs and 13 feature film blocks!
- VR, 360 & Interactive works, including the room-scale Unceded Territories, featuring the work of First Nations artist Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun, co-curated with North Bend Film Festival (Sep. 21 & 22)
- Dolphin Midwives + aesthetic.stalemate, an immersive audio-visual performance (Sep. 21)
- Puget Soundtrack: Arrington de Dionyso presents The Emergency Labyrinth, a free jazz freakout that will flame-broil your little brains! (Sep. 26)
- Direct Cameraless Animation workshop presented by Engauge Experimental Film Festival (Sep. 21)
- Intro to Unity teaches students about virtual production and game engines (Sep. 22)
- Working with Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Talent teaches best-practices in inclusivity (Sep. 22)
- BTS Stories w/ The Paper Tigers gives a first-glimpse into writer-director Bao Tran’s recently wrapped kung-fu feature film (Sep. 22)
- MovieMaker Pitchfest gives up-and-coming productions the opportunity to win up to $250,000 in production services, co-presented with MovieMaker Magazine! (Sep. 22)
- Producers Symposium: Marketing Your Film Begins Yesterday kicks off a quarterly series co-presented with SIFF, Seattle Film Summit, and Thin Pig Media! (Sep. 23)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.