Members at the Heart
Northwest Film Forum is a film arts center that screens over 200 independent and classic films each year, offers a year-round schedule of filmmaking classes for all ages, and supports emerging filmmakers at all stages of their careers.
We are an organization led and inspired by our members: film lovers of all ages and life experiences, filmmakers working to kick-start their career or build their craft and professional connections, families who want their children to have meaningful cinematic experiences.
If you're not already a member, please join us today.
Your membership dollars allow us to preserve film independence and diversity, invest in local filmmaking and champion artistic discovery. Every year we:
- bring the most provocative and fascinating new films and filmmakers to Seattle from around the world;
- offer a quarterly slate of filmmaking classes and film history classes that let film lovers dig deeper into the art of film;
- create programs for families and young people, including life-changing summer filmmaking camps and our winter Children's Film Festival Seattle (the largest and most respected family film festival on the West Coast);
- commission new work, offer residencies for filmmakers and make cash awards directly to filmmakers;
- ensure affordable filmmaking by offering low-cost film equipment rentals, easily accessible post-production facilities, and scholarships/assistance to those who need it.
As a member, you play an important role in the growing independent film scene in the Northwest, and in building a solid foundation for the Film Forum's year-round work. Your membership also allows us to demonstrate community support and engagement to other local and national funders who support us in turn.
Your ongoing support of our work is critical. We look forward to seeing you soon for a film or class at Northwest Film Forum.
Become a Member or Renew Your Membership
Northwest Film Forum is a non-profit, member-supported organization. Members receive discounts on movies, classes, equipment and facility rentals, and production services. Your membership keeps the Film Forum strong and stable, and helps shape the future of the organization.
Become a member now!
Membership benefits include:
- Personalized membership card(s)
- A $5 discount on movie screenings, and additional discounts on classes, performances and special events
- Half price rentals of filmmaking equipment & post-production suite
- Invitations to members-only screenings, discussions and networking events
- Option for home delivery of quarterly calendar, inclusion in weekly e-news
- Unlimited free refills on popcorn
- Lending privileges from our library, including dvds, books, industry manuals, screenplays and more
- Voting rights at the annual meeting. Help shape the Film Forum’s future!
Individual Membership: $45
Dual Membership (good for 2 people at the same address) — $75
Family Membership (good for 4 people at the same address) — $100
Did you know?
You can buy or renew your membership in person at our ticket counter! Stop by any evening during our regular box office hours, 6pm-9pm and get your membership today!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 329-2629 with your questions.
Become a Donor
Give more and get more!
If you're already a current member and want to help some more, consider joining a Donor Circle and receive additional perks. All additional contributions are tax-deductible.
Donor Circle members receive the following benefits:
Easy Rider ($250-$499)
- Free Film Forum t-shirt
- Invitations to special events, receptions and "meet the director" parties
American Splendor ($500-$1999)
- All of the benefits of the Easy Rider Circle, plus
- Special lobby recognition
- Invitation to weekly press screenings
Little Miss Sunshine ($2000-$4999)
- All of the benefits included in the American Splendor Circle, plus
- Invitation to a private dinner with a visiting director
- Invitation to exclusive preview screenings
The Terminator ($5000 and above)
- All of the benefits of the Little Miss Sunshine Circle, plus
- Unlimited free regularly priced movie screenings
- Free equipment rentals and discounted space rentals (as available)
- Ability to choose a film for a post-film discussion with Film Forum members and Program Director