- Pre-production for Docs
- Intro to the Sony A7s DSLR Camera
- Lean Team Doc Filmmaking
- Intermediate Final Cut Pro X
- Beginning Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- "What They Won't Tell You” Masterclass in Directing
- The Civil War and the Rise of Cinema
- Intro to ProTools
- Blocking & Staging For Camera
- Shooting with Anamorphic Lenses
- Intro to Final Cut Pro X
- Intro to Generative Visuals and Max 7
- The Art of Sound Design for Movies
- Queer Feminist Video Art
- Filmmaking Fundamentals
- Work in Progress Screenwriting Group
- DSLR Videography
- Apple Compressor
- Recording Audio For Film
- Intro to the Red Digital Camera
- Working with Green Screen
- Producing Fundamentals for Indie Filmmaking
- Business Plans for a Creative Project
- Post-Production Audio Editing
- Successful Film Set Practices
- Screenwriting & Filmmaking Fundamentals
Required Viewing (Film Appreciation)
One-Year Film Comprehensive
Free Classes and Events
Youth Summer Camps
Info About Classes
Explore filmmaking by doing it! Northwest Film Forum offers a wide range of classes and workshops that can be taken at whatever pace you prefer. Whether you are new to the art and plan to plunge into filmmaking as a career or you have purchased your own equipment and wish to drop in on a few certifications to learn more, our classes are for you.
The Film Forum's curriculum offers a complete education in nearly all aspects of filmmaking. Multi-session classes meet weekly and offer in-depth, hands-on experience with filmmaking tools, while one-day workshops offer both insightful lectures and practical techniques on current filmmaking topics.
Film Forum classes and workshops are designed to instruct ﬁlmmakers on both the mechanical skills required in current ﬁlmmaking technology and the artistic application of tools to explore the critical and emotional range of the cinematic experience. Classes and workshops are taught by working artists: ﬁlmmakers, writers, producers and editors.
All workshops are held at Northwest Film Forum (1515 12th Ave) unless otherwise speciﬁed.
Students MUST register and pay the tuition in advance. To register, call Craig Downing at 206-329-2629, or pay online.
Financially strapped students interested in attending classes are invited to volunteer for the Film Forum. Volunteers gain free access to workshops in exchange for time spent doing volunteer chores. For more information, contact [email protected]