George A. Romero Rarities with Adam Hart [Online]
Oct. 16 – Nov. 1, 2020
• • HOW TO WATCH VIRTUALLY • •
- Purchase your pay-what-you-can ticket through Brown Paper Tickets.
- Your email receipt will contain a link and password for viewing, under “Ticket Details.” (Don’t see it? Check your spam filter.)
- If you encounter any issues logging in, please contact email@example.com. (But please, check your confirmation email!)
** An archival show-and-tell style presentation for horror cinephiles! **
Join Romero research-hound, horror historian, and former NWFF Publicity Director Adam Hart for a program of delightful discoveries from the University of Pittsburgh’s George A. Romero Archival Collection. Recently acquired by the university, the archive contains documentation on many projects that we can only dream of George having had the time and funding to execute – an all-Black sequel to Night of the Living Dead*, sasquatch sagas, Stephen King collabs, and a “space rock sci-fi musical,” for starters.
Join us for an introduction to the collection and the brand new portrait it paints of one of the cinema’s true masters of horror. Featuring clips from rare early projects, photos and materials from Night that have gone unseen for decades, and a discussion of early versions of beloved horror classics like Martin and Dawn of the Dead.
* Editor’s note: Literally choked up the first time I saw these words