Local Sightings 2020 – FEM-POW! (Shorts Program)
Sep. 18–27, 2020
Zoom Viewing Party*
Sep. 21 at 7:30pm PDT
Zoom Filmmaker Q&A*
Sep. 21 at 8:30pm PDT
• • HOW TO WATCH VIRTUALLY • •
- Purchase your pay-what-you-can ticket through Brown Paper Tickets.
- Your email receipt will contain a link and password for viewing, under “Ticket Details”. (Don’t see it? Check your spam filter.)
- If you encounter any issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. (But please, check your confirmation email!)
• • WATCH HERE • •
Uplifting the feminine – be it divine, irreverent, sassy, or any powerful persona in-between.
* All ticketholders will receive access to Viewing Party and Zoom Q&A with:
- YAI NIN – Champ Ensminger (director)
- Lady Krishna – Adrienne von Wolffersdorff (director)
- Between Moments – Miette Deschenes (Director, Writer, Editor)
- Above the Bar – Kerri Flannigan (Director)
- Jerusha’s Burrito Date – Dave Quantic (Director)
- Funny and Fearless – Deborah Tahara (Producer, Director, Editor), Chelsea Tolle (Subject)
Co-presented with Women in Film Seattle!
It’s our 30th Birthday! Established in 1990, Women in Film Seattle is a non-profit organization of professional women in film, digital, and screen-based media dedicated to advancing our craft and working for diversity, pay parity, and equal access. Women in Film Seattle – promoting respect for women on and off set and screen.
(Adrienne von Wolffersdorff, Seattle, WA, 2019, 11 min)
This short documentary tells the story of LadyKrishna, a painter, punk musician, and model, who has learned to live life to the fullest and have confidence in her creative voice.
I am Me
(Jazmine Smith, Vancouver, BC, 2018, 4 min)
A short film about the director’s life, growing up and becoming transgender, finding themselves through beauty, art and love, and seeking to inspire others to do the same.
(Kailee McMurran, Portland, OR, 2020, 3 min)
Catherine is stuck inside.
Headless into Night
(Nifemi Madarikan, Seattle, WA, 2020, 14 min)
When her father sends her on a “divine” mission, Ifelayo must confront the mystical Night Mothers next door.
(Miette Deschenes, Olympia, WA, 2020, 5 min)
A personal film that reflects on the way we distort and romanticize memories of adolescence.
Above the Bar
(Kerri Flannigan, Victoria, BC, 2019, 3 min)
Above the Bar is a queer coming of age story that takes place in a motel “above the bar.” Story by Rea F and animation by Kerri Flannigan.
Funny and Fearless: Chelsea Tolle
(Deborah Tahara, Snohomish, WA, 2020, 7 min)
Seattle comedian Chelsea Tolle tells her story of battling anorexia and addiction to chase her dream.
Jerusha's Burrito Date
(Dave Quantic, Seattle, WA, 2020, 4 min)
Jerusha describes her dating strategy when it comes to first-time meetups.
(Champ Ensminger, Seattle, WA, 2020, 13 min)
A character study of an 83-year-old Thai grandmother whose success making Thai sausage propelled her family to America.
Back to Festival Catalog
Presented by Seattle’s Northwest Film Forum, the 23rd Annual Local Sightings Film Festival [Online] virtually showcases creative communities from throughout the Pacific Northwest. The 2020 program, which runs from September 18-27, features a competitive selection of curated shorts and feature film programs, inviting regional artists to experiment, break, and remake popular conceptions around filmmaking and film exhibition.
Local Sightings 2020 champions emerging and established talent, supports the regional film industry, and promotes diverse media as a critical tool for public engagement. This year’s festival also celebrates NWFF’s 25th Anniversary as an organization.
Vote for your favorite films by 12pm PDT on Closing Day, Sep. 27; BEST FEATURE and BEST SHORT winners receive a future screening opportunity at NWFF!