Strange Storytelling Hour – Outside Worlds [Online]
Sliding scale ticketing, $0–25
Jul–Sep Season Passes, $35–40
Proceeds support NWFF, Emmett, and the participating storytellers!
Northwest Film Forum is SCREENING ONLINE! NWFF’s physical space is temporarily closed in light of public health concerns around COVID-19, but community, dialogue, and education through media arts WILL persist.
• • HOW TO WATCH • •
- Register for a ticket through Brown Paper Tickets.
- 30 minutes before storytelling hour, NWFF will send a Zoom link and password to your registered e-mail address! (Don’t see it? Check your spam filter.)
- If by showtime you do not receive an e-mail with details, please contact email@example.com for a quick follow-up. (But please, check your spam!)
Participating storytellers in this event:
- Molly Horan
- Samantha DeSurr
- Emery Matson (Co-Founder of Writers Out Of Office)
- Erin Popelka (Reader, writer, and founder of Must Read Fiction)
Something strange is coming to the virtual world. In this multi-episode live event series presented by North Bend Film Fest and Northwest Film Forum, emerging storytellers will recount peculiar tales and bizarre happenings based on their own real life experiences. Each episode will feature a strange new theme and storytellers will be challenged to win over the audience with their storytelling skills. Audience Choice winners will be invited to participate in the official 2020 North Bend Film Festival storytelling hour this October!
This virtual event series will be hosted by Seattle-based storyteller, comedian and weirdo Emmett Montgomery — NBC’s Last Comic Standing, Seattle Weekly’s Best Comedian 2015, 2017, 2018 and host and curator of the community based “comedy” show Joketellers Union (with Brett Hamil) and the experimental basement/storytelling show The Magic Hat.
August 2020’s theme: OUTSIDE WORLDS. As folks begin to reconnect with nature and culture, we are engrossed by the challenge of learning how to exist safely beyond our front doors. From new found agoraphobia to feeling like an outsider for the first time, these stories will feature the happiness and fear associated with opening up your world.