Exciting announcements from Northwest Film Forum!
It’s been a very busy summer.
- Today we launched a beautiful, user-friendly new website featuring a filterable events calendar. Even the font is cinematic – GT Cinetype is a design engineered for a cinema subtitling machine that uses a laser to selectively erase the color layer of the film to make brilliantly white letters.
- New mission statement: Our new mission reflects the evolution of the form of film, the multidisciplinary scope of our work, and our social and artistic commitments.
- We’re welcoming new staff: New film programmer (and Seattle native!) Tommy Swenson’s credentials include the legendary Scarecrow Video, Grand Illusion Cinema, and an eight-year stint at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas in Austin, Texas. Design lead & marketing associate Vivian Hua is a writer, filmmaker, and community organizer – we first met her when she co-founded the national film and discussion series The Seventh Art Stand.
- New partners in our venue: The Seattle Globalist and Tasveer moved into offices at the Forum this month!
- Executive director Courtney Sheehan has been named a finalist for the Arts & Innovation category of the Mayor’s Arts Awards.