NEW OPENING: House Manager
This part-time position represents one of the principal public face positions at Northwest Film Forum, and as such is key to the organization’s public image, identity and overall annual success. This person demonstrates best practices for box office cash handling and accounting, is a good manager of volunteers, is able to take initiative and is positively responsive to occasional last-minute event changes. The House Manager oversees the lobby, the box office and audience support facilities (such as the marquee and restrooms), box office volunteer staff, and cleaning and maintaining public areas that include the lobby, restrooms, marquee, sidewalk and hallways. This person takes a leadership role in developing ticketing routines, in making the customer experience an excellent one, in facilitating membership sales in the lobby and in annual budgeting.
- Run the box office 5 nights a week, accurate reporting on ticket and concessions sales each night, and preparing weekly deposits.
- Taking responsibility for box office cash handling and credit transactions.
- Overseeing, scheduling, and mentoring box office volunteers and front of house interns with a focus on customer relations.
- Working with Operations Director to determine needs for box office staffing, and coordinating special events needs for additional volunteer support.
- Training new box office volunteers.
- Stocking and maintaining concessions inventory, working with Operations for ordering and vendor relations.
- Cleaning and maintaining restrooms and other public areas.
- Help in transition to new CRM system for operations
- Working with festivals and sponsors on lobby set-up and displays.
- Working with program and technical staff on special event scheduling, management and staffing.
- Working with the management and operations staff on front of house strategic plan goals.
Populating program information for online pre-sales.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- 1+ years experience in working cash registers or point-of-sale systems.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with long-time members and act as a great host to visiting guests.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Fearlessness with technology.
- A sense of humor.
- An exhibited passion for mission-driven nonprofit organizations.
- A love of independent film and film history, a desire to help filmmakers, and a desire to help bring diverse communities together in a supportive and all-inclusive environment.
Hours: The position is part-time and reports to the Operations Director. A standard House Manager week is Wednesday-Sunday, 5:00-9:00 pm, with occasional hours spent in preparation for festivals and other special events throughout the year.
Benefits: This position comes with health care, vacation and sick leave time.
To Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and three confidential references with contact information as an MS Word or PDF attachment [email protected] by 5 p.m. on March 25, 2016. Due to the expected number of applicants, we request that you do not call to check on your status. You will get a confirmation by email to let you know that your application was received.
Hiring Process: We will contact final candidates no later than March 25. Interviews will be conducted the week of March 28. This position will start no later than April 4.
Northwest Film Forum is an equal opportunity employer.