For internships and volunteer opportunities, read more info here.
Design Lead & Marketing Associate
Contract Summary: This position orchestrates and executes communications plans for Northwest Film Forum’s programs and general marketing needs. The ideal candidate is a strong visual storyteller who can effectively increase the role of video and image in telling the NWFF story. A successful candidate will leverage multiple communications platforms and strategies to market our programs, and grow our audience by reaching new patrons and partners. This 4 month contract will also include project management of a new website, by serving as the NWFF contact for the agency and internal content strategist and coordinator. This contract position has strong possibility of becoming a staff position.
About Northwest Film Forum
Established in 1995, Northwest Film Forum (NWFF) is a nonprofit film and arts organization located in the heart of the Capitol Hill neighborhood in Seattle. NWFF supports independent film production in the Pacific Northwest, exhibits hundreds of independent films annually, commissions artists to create multidisciplinary performances, provides artist services, and offers education programs for youth and adults. We facilitate connections between independent artists and audiences, and create access to resources for making and sharing art.
- Manages marketing budget for advertising, publicity, content production, printing
- Coordinates with program and development staff on marketing and communications needs; shares input on communications plans with Executive Director and Development Director
- Coordinates with Programs & Marketing Coordinator to: create and implement social media strategy; maintain primary and satellite websites; conduct grassroots outreach to community groups and partners; prepare mailings, flyers and online campaigns to support programs
- Manages new website project; scope of work and additional contract hours to be determined based on project timeline
- Secures and maintains media sponsorship relationships; places print and digital ads
- Ensures that marketing & communications plans achieve the organization’s strategic and operating goals
- Conducts an audit and analysis of communications content and strategies
- Designs digital and print assets for a variety of messaging, branding, marketing, and advertising needs, including: social media, email, website, program flyers, brochures, templates, press kits, sponsorship packets
- Prepares and maintains printed materials such as business cards, program flyers, organizational brochures, press kits, etc
Photo/Video Content Creation and Management
- Sets priorities and oversees creation and distribution of video content, including general identity/brand, event documentation, trailers/bumpers, and original content
- Works with Programs & Marketing Coordinator to manage photo and video documentation of events by scheduling photographers/videographers and managing, archiving, sharing content
- Works with Development Director to produce all print and digital materials for communications (including announcements, invitations, signage, displays, annual reports and website content)
- Plans and executes member drives; procures special offers and discounts for members
- Works with Programs & Marketing Coordinator and Executive Director to communicate regularly with the press; contributes to press pitching and responses to press inquiries; sends press releases; manages interview requests
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Graphic design (required)
- Experience with mobile-optimized web and email design
- Experience with mass email programs (Mailchimp)
- Videography and/or Video Editing/Content Management (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Google Analytics; some website development
- Experience with community organizing / relationships with grassroots organizations in Seattle
This contract position is 20 hours/week, $18/hour, and reports to the Executive Director. Flexible work schedule; remote work possible. Hours will increase for project management of new website.
Please send cover letter, resume, at least 3 graphic design samples, and 3 references to Courtney Sheehan ([email protected]) with “Design Lead & Marketing Associate Application” in the subject line.
The position is open until filled, but priority will be given to applications received by December 30th. Northwest Film Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment policies and programs of Northwest Film Forum are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. People of color, LGBTQIA individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.