Virtual Summer Camp - Advanced Animation - (Ages 12-17) July 13-17
M-F, 11am-12pm on Zoom + at home projects
Age range: 12-17
– Sliding Scale Camp Registration $75-175
– Level Up Camp – $75-175 – Bonus projects, tutorials, and support designed to help students build on this camp’s skills and activities, at their own pace.
Full scholarships are available, seats are held, so please apply here! We do not require financial information, just send us a note and we’ll be in touch.
Whether you’re new to animation or have been making it for a while, this camp will help you get to the next level and create more complex animations. In this camp, you’ll learn about techniques for hand drawing animations, apps for animation, and how to use Adobe Premiere and After Effects to animate your art over video. If you like DIY, spending time on the details, and investing time in bringing your imagination to life, you might be an animator. Sign up and see what you can create!
What technology and supplies are needed to participate?
1. Each student will need access to a computer that can run Adobe Creative Cloud. NWFF will provide software access or free trials. They will also need a digital camera or mobile phone that can take pictures. We’ll also cover free app options for recording and editing in the camp. If you would like to take the camp, but aren’t sure if you have technology that will work for it, email email@example.com for options.
2. Participants will need to use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service via a device or computer. Zoom meeting details will be sent to all participants a few days prior to the camp start date. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting.
– This camp will meet on zoom, Monday-Friday from 11am-12pm. Zoom meetings will include games, explanations of projects, and time for students to share and get to know each other and their teacher.
– From 1pm-3pm, students can schedule an optional 15 minute zoom or phone call for additional support or help with their projects.
– Projects are designed to be completed in 30-90 minutes a day, on your own schedule (including watching video tutorials and working on projects)
Level Up Camp – Advanced Animation
This Level Up Camp includes bonus tutorials and projects, plus daily, optional Zoom “office hours” with the instructor, from 4-5pm. The Zoom time is for students to talk about their projects or get help with them. Projects will focus on building skills helpful in designing and creating animation projects, such as multi-plane animation, creating mood boards for production design, animation with sand and other natural materials, and lighting design for animation. You can sign up for the Level Up Camp during registration for this camp, in the link above.