Summer Camp - Making the Impossible: Special Effects - (Ages 11-14) August 9-13, 2021
M-F, 10:00am-3:00pm, @ Northwest Film Forum
Age range: 11-14
– Sliding Scale $0-$425 – All our camps are fully sliding scale. Payment at higher levels helps make them accessible to all.
Filmmakers have always been trying to make impossible realities come to life. Whether it’s spaceships, strange creatures, other worlds, or impossible feats, where there’s a will, there’s a way! In this camp, you will explore the world of visual effects by learning how to create and record physical and digital effects from the big screen. Special effects artists are constantly inventing and trying new things. You’ll make short videos trying out different effects and trick shots to create movie magic.
Camp Preparation & Safety
- All technologies and supplies are included in the camp cost and provided.
- Snacks will be provided, and campers will be asked to bring a sack lunch.
- We will practice physical distancing, masking, and health screening according to city and state guidelines at the time of the camp. We anticipate this will include masking and physical distancing in the camp space.
- While filmmaking is a highly collaborative art form, using shared equipment, this camp is designed to allow for more space and individual equipment for each camper. Each camper will get to work on designing and making their own creations, in a large collaborative space, just like a special effects shop for the big screen!