GiveBIGGER to Fund Youth Summer Camp Scholarships!
Happy spring, Northwest Film Forum community!
As May opens into floral blooms and shockingly rain-free weather, the Northwest Film Forum staff are quietly preparing for the incoming create-athon of summertime… because summer at the Forum means YOUTH SUMMER CAMPS turn the NWFF building into their green room, production offices, sets, and edit suites!
Our 10-to-6 office staff will be the first to tell you: summer camps are a glorious time when us adults get to see firsthand how brilliant youth are, and how innovative they can be when given the freedom and tools to create with joyful abandon. We find ourselves astounded each year as we see our NWFF teams and our partners, Reel Grrls and Coyote Central, introduce youth to the magic of multimedia expression and the social-emotional and critical thinking skills that it supports. It is a glimpse into the positive potential of media, if molded in ethical, supportive ways, by teaching staff who truly care.
With K-12 media arts education being underfunded and undersupported in local schools, the role of nonprofit arts education – and your support for it – are extra important.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Your participation in the NWFF is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you soon!
Vivian Hua 華婷婷
P.S. — Don’t know any kids to send to summer camp? No worries! We have a new slate of workshops for adults too, and a host of upcoming summer-friendly film programs. Sometimes we adults need to be reminded: kids aren’t the only ones who need to be growing and having fun.
- $25 covers tickets for an underserved youth and parent
- $50 covers snacks for a youth summer camp class
- $100 covers a visiting artist or filmmaker stipend
- $350 covers workshop tuition for one youth or adult scholarship
- $500 covers subsidized space for a free community screening
- $1,500 covers a week of venue rentals for a filmmaking camp
- $5,000 to become a summer sponsor to seed community programs and partnerships