Happy Holidays from Northwest Film Forum!
From the staff of the Forum: HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Not ready to put our feet up just yet, but we’re counting down the days. Before our Dec. 22 to Jan. 1 closure, however, is our Forum & Friends Holiday Party this Friday, December 8th!
It’s the night that we get to unwind with all of our nearest and dearest partner orgs — Longhouse Media, The Seattle Globalist, and Tasveer — so expect communal karaoke, dancing, DJ sets by DJ Retina Burn and DJ Emmanuelle, tarot readings, a community potluck, and an art swap! See more details here.
- DEC. 6 & 7: We’ll be visited by the great Nathaniel Dorsky for a sumptuous #16mm feast of experimental film. See more details here.
- DEC. 9 & 10: Irma Vep plays on 35mm
- DEC. 6, 13 & 20: Our #giallo series has three films to go, including the grand finale of a #35mm print of Dario Argento’s Deep Red (Dec. 20).
- DEC. 14-17: Hong Sang-soo’s new film, On The Beach at Night
- DEC. 15-17: Porto, starring Anton Yelchin, plays on 35mm
- DEC. 21: the timelessly captivating Louise Brooks will break some hearts in Beggars of Life
- See it all (and more) at nwfilmforum.org/calendar
Though this year has been an incredible slog at times, we are proud and honestly overjoyed to have gotten to spend it with you, Seattle. To our fellow community organizers, arts orgs, educators, students, members, audiences, and donors: this has been a year that we needed to strengthen our bonds and show up for one another, and that’s exactly what you did.
The next gifts you give will be generously matched by our board — so if you’d like to show your support in a final holiday hurrah for the creative resistance, please consider a gift to the forum at nwfilmforum.org/donate!